Days Off With Alita Kay

Today is my first scheduled day off from work since last December. I had been looking forward to it for weeks. Weekends are great, sure. But there is something calming and soothing to know that the world is continuing as normal, my colleagues are at work whilst I am at home, drinking a cup of coffee outside in the sunshine that the weather so kindly provided me with.

The stresses of everyday life have really gotten to me. I remind myself that it passes, as it always does and I will again have a grasp of my life and have a clear future in mind. 
But of course, sometimes the reminder doesn't help. 

I have started my morning with a bit of yoga to create the beginning of a full day of unwinding. I will use today to do my washing that is overflowing in my basket and then I will spend the rest of the day painting. And I may even have a nap. 

This is my idea of a perfect day off. 

And if you are stressed, have been working or studying until your brain is tired and the only act of unwinding that you can mentally and physically perform is to watch television because you are far too exhausted to do anything else, then I suggest a day off for you too. Do the hobby that you never have time for. Sun bake in the sun listening to music or make a healthy smoothie. 

It seems we are so often caught up in doing what we feel we need to, saving money and working long hours until we are cranky, tired and our hair is falling out that we forget to look after our self.

And that is exactly what today is for. A day for my body to rejuvenate. For my mind to unclatter and receive some vitamin D that it so desperately needs. 

Hopefully one day there will be a time where not only is annual leave accumulated, but a day is provided to everyone once a month for them to simply unwind, retrieve their mental health back and prepare for another long month ahead, 

Comments

Popular Posts