Summer...

...a lame poem by me. 

I see the rippling clear shores in the iris’ of your eyes.
And I think of lying on the sand beneath clear blue skies.
Your curly hair in the shapes of ringlets and waves,
and how I imagine spending time with you on those blistering days. 

The drives along the coast we take in those early afternoons,
drinking beer, swapping tunes.
Your sun kissed spots on the bridge of your nose,
the feeling of damp sand between my toes. 

Strands of your hair blowing about with your window wound down,
while I sing loudly to a song,  quite awfully, while we drive around.
Watching the sun fall slowly beneath the sea,
and I know, it’s just you and me.


I don’t like winter; it is too cold and much too grey.
But your reminder helps of what will come and for a while stay.
And I shall never take for granted the warmth on my skin,
ridding me of goose bumps and shivers, instead darkening therein. 

Like I won’t take for granted your understanding and how much you care,
because losing you again I honestly couldn’t bare.
You see, I couldn’t live in a world of only winter; the endless bitterness I can’t do.
And living in a world of only winter, is how it feels to lose you. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts