Scorpio Season: Rebirth

I don't know if it's just me, but Scorpio season always seems to have a fairly significant impact on me. As a fellow Scorpio myself, I find my creativity is heightened and I do more writing during this time than any other time of the year.
In saying that, I find my obsessiveness at an excessive increase, as well as my jealousy; two aspects of the Scorpion.

You don't have to be a Scorpio in order to feel the influences of this season. The energy is in the air around us, and we must take the good with the bad.

Scorpio, which is also represented by the Phoenix, is a master at rising from its ashes. It is reborn, again and again. I resonate with this greatly. I am not the same person I was at the beginning of the year. I am constantly on a journey of self-development and growth, often shedding my skin and leaving many aspects of myself behind.

I think this Scorpio season has really pushed me in doing that too, and not in the best of ways. To say this past month wasn't difficult would be a lie. But truthfully, the difficult experiences were self-conflicted. I saw myself in terrible lights. It was as if my flaws, my issues, were illuminated and I couldn't look away even if I tried (and I tried).

There was a particular week that was worst than them all. When you don't like something about your life, you change it. When you don't like someone anymore, you remove them from your life. But what if your self-loathing caused you to have the same attitude about yourself? It's not like I can get rid of me.

These past few days has seen a drastic turn. Honestly, ever since the night of the full moon and I broke down in my car crying and thinking, "What the fuck do I do?" I woke up feeling like a complete new person. I forced myself to practically stare at my insecurities and my self destructive behaviour head on; instead of distracting myself with friends, or alcohol or movies. I wrote about it. I was honest about it. I figured out what I had to do.

Now I'm a new person, for the better. Of course I am not completely different. After all I am still me and tweaking aspects of your personality is harder than you think. But in the form of cognitive thinking, mantras, and self reflection, I am better.

Comments

Popular Posts