The Perks of Being A Root

Please excuse the pathetic title of my post. I was attempting to mimic The Perks of Being a Wallflower whilst relating it to what I was going to discuss, or perhaps mildly state. 
And no, the term 'root' is not the commonly used slang term to describe a sexual act, but is supposed to refer to the roots of like a flower, or tree. 

So, many of you know about the perks of being a 'wallflower' but what about the perks of being a root (though the perks can be quite similar)? 

Those of who I would classify as a 'root', are deep. And it's a good thing.
I have been told on numerous occasions by others that I am 'so deep' or 'wow you really put a lot of thought into this, do you have a life?' And yes, thank you. I try.
It can be great. I can give advice from perspectives many have not considered, and come up with solutions not commonly thought of. I am able to create metaphors from everyday objects and things such as a hotel, or a root

It's something I am proud of, and I am sure many of you feel the same way. 

But its not all great, that's for sure, although I don't need to tell all of you that. 
For those of you are deep, or a root, should I sayman I feel you.
I don't doubt that you have some qualities about you that could be filed under the 'psychotic' category.
We are after all trying to find understanding where others have not understood. We have often felt what others are too scared or oblivious to feel. We dig deep in situations that most others merely glide over, not wanting more than the summary or brief explanation.
It can be tough being so sensitive about matters that aren't completely relevant to our every day lives but feel so relevant to the exact moment that we are experiencing.


Because, as great as seeing things from a perspective that has not always been seen, damn can it get dark. The view sure as hell isn't always great down there. 









Comments

Popular Posts