T-Minus 70 Days Until Take Off

My sister and I are doing something different. Not. 

We are doing what just about everyone else I know has done last year or intend to do the same time that I do, and that is going to Europe. 

And if you think that just because our trip has already been done and completed by many people that we know and know if is going to stop or limit our excitement for this once in a lifetime trip, then think again. 

Because our trip is not just a holiday. And no it is not some soul searching journey that we will somehow find at the bottom of pints and shot glasses; it's a dream. It's something my sister and I had been planning since we 10. Throughout high school my entire bedroom was covered in pictures of the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben and the Venice canals. 
I started saving when I was 14 years old in a jar I called 'paris'. However I only managed to save $30 in a year and unfortunately I eventually had to spend it. But I tried. 

We would both search images of the dreamy cities in Europe and I couldn't wait to finally watch Monte Carlo just to get a glimpse of the city I yearned to visit. 

So we made the decision last June, started planning and saving and paying for our trip one aspect at a time completely by ourselves (no help from the rents), and now only have to wait 70 days until our dream comes true. Together. 

So in the month of July I will not be writing much on here. Not that I have been posting often lately anyway (sorry), but I will be sure to keep a journal to transfer all that takes place in that month into the cyber world for you all to read. 

We can't wait for our contiki adventure. We decided to go with contiki so that most of the activities are planned out for us as I know that I will be to overwhelmed to think rationally. I am also so very glad to be going with my sister because she is strong grounded with a good head on her shoulders that will ensure we make the most of our days and don't get dragged into the party reputation that contiki so commonly has. 

I'll write another post stating the places that we go and the main activities that we do. I'd appreiaxiarw any feedback and advice on additional things to do in these places to ensure this trip is the best it can possibly be. 

70 days. I really can't believe it. 

Comments

Popular Posts